Pigeon & turret
Summit two iconic colorado 13ers
Pigeon can be seen from the train as it proceeds along the Animas River from Durango towards Silverton. Located in the Needles, a subrange of the San Juan Mountains, Pigeon rises 6000′ above the Animas River. Its East Face is a 1000′ sheer face. This peak typically sees much less traffic than 14ers such as Windom, Sunlight and Eolus. Climbing Pigeon requires endurance, skill and a sense of adventure.
$1450 for 1:1
$950pp for 2:1
(*based on a 3 day itinerary; additional days +$500)
San Juan Mountains, Weminuche Wilderness, Colorado
To climb Jagged & Turret we use the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway to shorten our approach. Avoiding the crowds heading for Chicago Basic, we hop off at Ruby Lake / Ruby Basin, and set up camp here for the night. Although rugged in appearance, the northwest face of Turret remains accessible to many climbers at class 2(+).
Up to 2:1
- AMGA trained/certified guide
- Federal Land Use Surcharge (USFS/BLM)
- Camping equipment & all meals
- Guide gratuity
- Train fees (approach via the iconic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway!)
- Personal clothing / gear: check out our recommended GEAR LIST
- Climbers should be in good physical condition, and be comfortable with fourth and low fifth class hiking at elevation.
- Your guide will contact you prior to your scheduled trip, to discuss logistics, determine a food plan and finalize gear.
- The Weminuche Wilderness has endless alpine climbing opportunities; let our guides tailor another adventure for your tick list: such as a technical ascent of Jagged Peak or an easy hike up Engineer Mountain.
Please familiarize yourself with our Booking & Cancellation Policies.
Anyone participating in our programs must fill out a Waiver beforehand. If you are under 18, please have parent/guardian complete.