DURANGO ROCK CLIMBING
get up high with san juan expeditions
Stunning views, professionally trained guides, splitter sandstone and tons of varied climbing for all ability levels. Let Durango’s only guide service show you a great time on the rock.
- 6:1 – $99 pp
- 5:1 – $109 pp
- 4:1 – $129 pp
- 3:1 – $149 pp
- 2:1 – $199 pp
- 1:1 – $299
- 6:1 – $119 pp
- 5:1 – $129 pp
- 4:1 – $159 pp
- 3:1 – $179 pp
- 2:1 – $249 pp
- 1:1 – $349
X Rock or East Animas (both near Durango, CO)
Up to 6:1 climber to guide ratio
- AMGA trained/certified guide
- Federal Land Use Surcharge (USFS/BLM)
- Rock climbing equipment (shoes, helmet, harness)
- Guide gratuity
- Food / snacks for the day
- Personal clothing (check out our recommended GEAR LIST)
X Rock provides a great day for the individual or group looking for some fun on the rock. It is a perfect venue for the beginner climber and for those that have climbed outside before. Ascend the sandstone cliffs overlooking beautiful Durango! Our half days outings are 4 hours on the rock and full day outings are 6-8 hours depending on how folks feel.
East Animas is the local Durango climbing venue and hang out. From introductory single pitch climbs to more advanced multi pitch classics, East Animas has a climb for everyone. Both the lengths of the climbs as well as the difficulty vary more than X Rock. “East A” as the locals call it has a longer approach than X Rock but the views and climbs are well worth it!
- Climbers should be in good physical condition; no experience is necessary.
- Your guide will reach out to you prior to your scheduled outing to make a plan for your day.
- Looking for more climbing adventures? Check out our Rock & Raft option, climb in the might Black Canyon of the Gunnison, or top out a desert tower in Utah.
Please familiarize yourself with our Booking & Cancellation policies.
Anyone participating in our programs must fill out a Waiver beforehand. If you are under 18, please have parent/guardian complete.