Come see Colorado from a different perspective with San Juan Expeditions
Our programs are designed to accommodate a wide variety of experience levels and ski/snowboard backgrounds. Whether you’re a seasoned resort veteran looking to try the backcountry for the first time, or an experienced backcountry enthusiast seeking the hidden local stashes, our guides will show you a fantastic day of human powered pow-riding.
Trips are offered daily, November to May, with advance registration. Choose the number of skiers/riders in your party, and sign up below!
$445 for 1:1
$595 for 2:1
$675 for 3:1
$800 for 4:1
Red Mountain Pass, Molas Pass, Silverton, CO
Your guide will reach out by phone or email prior to your scheduled trip, to make a plan for your day. There is a lifetime worth of tours available to us: from steep chutes to big bowls; tree runs to mellow alpine meadows. Sample ski tours include:
- The Backyard
- Trujillos Steps
- Sam’s Run
- The Cemetery
- The Pumphouse
- The Pencil
- The Python
- Banana Chute
- …and many more!
Up to 4:1 skier to guide ratio
- AMGA and AIARE Trained Ski or Splitboard Guide
- Federal Land Use Surcharge (USFS/BLM)
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel, probe)
- Guide gratuity
- Backcountry touring equipment: skis or splitboard, boots, skins, etc. These are available to rent at an additional fee from our partner shop Backcountry Experience
- Personal clothing / gear: Backcountry Ski / Ride Gear List
- Skiers/riders should be in good physical condition, and be comfortable on skis/snowboard.
- With countless options to choose from, please discuss your experience / abilities with your guide to determine the right tour for you.
- An Avalanche Course is a great way to gain more experience in the backcountry. For those looking for the next adventure, consider a custom Hut Trip with friends/family, check out the amazing terrain in the Elk Mountains near Aspen, or gear up for one of our fantastic Worldwide ski trips!
Please familiarize yourself with our Booking & Cancellation Policies.
Anyone participating in our programs must fill out a Waiver beforehand. If you are under 18, please have parent/guardian complete.