Come experience the thrill of ice climbing with San Juan Expeditions!
SJE runs ice climbing trips and courses around the towns of Durango and Silverton, CO. From introductory weekend ice climbing classes, to challenging mixed climbing clinics, let SJE design a custom program to help you build your skills for a lifetime of enjoyment on the ice.
Durango Full Day
$400 – 1:1
$515 – 2:1
$615 – 3:1
$700 – 4:1
Durango Half Day
$340 – 1:1
$440 – 2:1
$500 – 3:1
$560 – 4:1
$450 – 1:1
$575 – 2:1
Just north of Durango, Cascade Canyon forms a natural ice park with single pitch ice and mixed routes. Our warmer days and cold nights provide a perfect setting for waterfalls to freeze into perfect ice climbs! This all-natural ice park is perfect for beginner to expert. Escape the crowds of other ice parks and come climb with SJE!
Just north of Silverton is the historic mining town of Eureka. These climbs are Colorado classics, many being over 6 pitches and 1200′ tall! Some of our favourites include:
- Stairway to Heaven – WI4 – 1200′
- Whorehouse Hoses – WI5 – 600′
- First Gully – WI3 – 600′
- Second Gully – WI3 – 800′
- Goldrush – WI4 – 600′
- …and many more!
Up to 4:1 (depending on location)
Your guide will reach out by phone or email prior to your scheduled trip, to make a plan for your day.
- AMGA Trained/Certified Guide
- Federal Land Use Surcharge (USFS/BLM)
- Technical climbing equipment: tools, harness, helmet, crampons
- Guide gratuity
- Personal clothing / gear: Ice Climbing Gear List
- Climbers should be in good physical condition.
- With countless options to choose from, please discuss your experience / abilities with your guide to determine the right ice climb for you.
- We have tons of great ice climbing near Aspen/Redstone, CO; for those looking for a bigger adventure, come climb the Alaska Range classics!
Please familiarize yourself with our Booking & Cancellation Policies.
Anyone participating in our programs must fill out a Waiver beforehand. If you are under 18, please have parent/guardian complete.