rock & raft
rock n’ raft. it’s as cool as it sounds.
This full day package is attainable for anyone and is tailored to your group. Climb at the X-Rock just minutes north of town and cool off by rafting the Animas River through town. Ropes to boats, challenge yourself, make a memory! All packages include 4 hours of rock climbing and 4 hours of rafting. The afternoon raft trips have a special quality to them. The evening light is beautiful and the trip starts with 3 miles of calm waters before hitting the whitewater sections.
We’ll Rock Climb from 8am-12pm; then hit the water for Rafting from 1:30pm-5:30pm
$170 5 yrs – 12 yrs
$180 13 yrs and older
X Rock or East Animas (both near Durango, CO)
Up to 6:1 climber to guide ratio
- AMGA trained/certified guide
- Federal Land Use Surcharge (USFS/BLM)
- Rock climbing equipment (shoes, helmet, harness)
- Guide gratuity
- Food / snacks for the day
- Personal clothing (check out our recommended GEAR LIST)
X Rock provides a great day for the individual or group looking for some fun on the rock. It is a perfect venue for the beginner climber and for those that have climbed outside before. Ascend the sandstone cliffs overlooking beautiful Durango! Our half days outings are 4 hours on the rock and full day outings are 8 hours.
East Animas is the local Durango climbing venue and hang out. From introductory single pitch climbs to more advanced multi pitch classics, East Animas has a climb for everyone. Both the lengths of the climbs as well as the difficulty vary more than X Rock. “East A” as the locals call it has a longer approach than X Rock but the views and climbs are well worth it!
- Climbers should be in good physical condition; no experience is necessary.
- Your guide will reach out to you prior to your scheduled outing to make a plan for your day.
- Looking for more climbing adventures? Check out our Rock & Raft option, climb in the might Black Canyon of the Gunnison, or top out a desert tower in Utah.
Please familiarize yourself with our Booking & Cancellation policies.
Anyone participating in our programs must fill out a Waiver beforehand. If you are under 18, please have parent/guardian complete.