let San Juan Expeditions bring you to the top of the hardest 13er in Colorado
Jagged is a remote peak and the easiest line of ascent is low 5th class climbing. Located in the center of the San Juan Mountains, between the Needles and the Grenadiers, you are more likely to see mountain goats than people on this classic alpine rock route in Colorado’s rugged San Juan Mountains.
Private and custom Weminuche Wilderness climbing is available with advance registration. Number of days will vary depending on the objectives; 3 days is standard.
$1450 for 1:1
$950pp for 2:1
(*based on a 3 day itinerary; additional days +$500)
San Juan Mountains, Weminuche Wilderness, Colorado
Our approach to Jagged is via Beartown and Hunchback pass or Vallecito Creek via the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway. We ascend the standard North Face route. This route is a blend of 3rd to 5th class climbing. From the summit we descend via rappels of the North Face. Previous rock or alpine climbing is not required to climb Jagged; however a climb of the Wham Ridge on Vestal Peak is a recommended step in the climbing progression. This is a trip of a lifetime venturing into the Weminuche Wilderness, Colorado’s largest wilderness area.
Up to 2:1
- AMGA trained/certified guide
- Federal Land Use Surcharge (USFS/BLM)
- Camping equipment & all meals
- Guide gratuity
- Train fees (approach via the iconic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway!)
- Personal clothing / gear: check out our recommended GEAR LIST
- Climbers should be in good physical condition, and be comfortable with fourth and low fifth class hiking at elevation.
- Your guide will contact you prior to your scheduled trip, to discuss logistics, determine a food plan and finalize gear.
- The Weminuche Wilderness has endless alpine climbing opportunities; let our guides tailor another adventure for your tick list: such as a technical ascent of Jagged Peak or an easy hike up Engineer Mountain.
Please familiarize yourself with our Booking & Cancellation Policies.
Anyone participating in our programs must fill out a Waiver beforehand. If you are under 18, please have parent/guardian complete.