experience the backcountry in a quintessentially-colorado way
With some of the most epic backcountry terrain in the lower 48, there is no better way to experience what the San Juans has to offer than a Hut Trip. Get deep in the mountains; cozy up by the fire at night; ski / ride untouched private powder stashes during the day; and eat delicious food with your friends & family. Let our experienced ski / splitboard guides show you just how special a Hut Trip can be.
Huts are booked privately for your group, but tend to fill up fast! Please get in touch early to book!
There are multiple Hut/Cabin options which vary in price; you can go for an overnight, or multi-day adventure. Let us take care of food, or you may choose to do it yourself. Call/email to discuss all the options and pricing.
Red Mountain Pass, CO
huts / cabins
Up to 4:1 skier to guide ratio
- AMGA and AIARE Trained Splitboard Guide
- Federal Land Use Surcharge (USFS/BLM)
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel, probe)
- Guide gratuity
- Backcountry touring equipment: skis or splitboard, boots, skins, etc. These are available to rent at an additional fee from our partner shop Backcountry Experience
- Personal clothing / gear: Hut Trip Gear List
Skiers/riders should be in good physical condition, and be fairly confident / comfortable on their method of snow travel (backcountry touring skis or splitboard)
Please familiarize yourself with our Booking & Cancellation policies.
Anyone participating in our programs must fill out a Waiver beforehand. If you are under 18, please have parent/guardian complete.